Monday, June 16, 2014

Shamu

There are four campouts to catch you up on before we take out my T@B in two weeks (FINALLY). After my dad passed away, my mom's Lance slide in became too much for me to drive - the truck swaying into other lanes as I drove down the road. I took a bunch of photos of it though, because this was my Dad's camper. It had lots of sentimental value. I cried like a baby when we traded her in.
 





 
We got her a travel trailer that would accommodate my mom, me and my daughter and my hubby, Chris, should he ever decide to join us.  I have dubbed this camper "Shamu".
 
 




 
After the last trip to Skidaway we went to the Keys in March and stayed at John Pennekamp and had a blast.
 


 
Visiting the giant lobster in Islamorada is a must!
 
Our next trip was the first one in "Shamu" to Anastasia State Park. I feel like a complete camping sellout when I'm in this one, but it is nice and comfortable for my mom, and we are sure to still enjoy the fire, outdoors and stargaze. My husband Chris even drove down after work to join us!
 
We visited the farmers market and paddle boarded in the inlet, watching dolphins frolic a few feet away! The St Augustine Amphitheater is just nearby, so we could hear Darius Rucker live that night, right from the campground!
 



 
Next up we hit Manatee Springs in May. Unfortunately there had been tons of flooding so there had been no swimming, but we still had a great time. The deer are really friendly, we explored the campground and went kayaking and paddle boarding every morning.
 




Finally, we went back to Skidaway last weekend, and this time invited friends to join us. We went swimming in the Intracoastal, walked downtown Savannah, visited the Forsyth Farmers Market, did a wine tasting and enjoyed the campground.
 








 

 
Next two campouts are with my T@B. I can't wait!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment