We lifted the roof which revealed some seriously bowed 1x2 ribs of, if you can believe this, plywood. We aren't sure why they didn't use simply 1x2 slats of wood.
The challenge was how to fix this where it wouldn't bow again but would be light enough to support each rib.
We got some long aluminum rail shaped like an L to brace on either side of the new 1x2s I bought at Lowes.
The aluminum attaches on either side of the wook like so.
Off came the roof. This is what it looked like. The roof vent came off along with it.
Here is where the wood on the roof was bowing down and we replaced one of the ribs with a rib brace with aluminum.
To do this my hubby and father in law helped me put a screw through the wood braced with the aluminum to hold it all together.
We drilled through the outside to in so we would know where to put the screws. We then attached the roof to the new ribs with screws and I will paint those white later.